For B2B marketers, it can be all too tempting to focus all attention on lead generation and driving the very best ROI – it’s a pretty big cog in the wheel.
But when it
costs 6 – 7 times more
to acquire a new customer than to keep a current one, reducing churn plays a huge role in business growth – so, are you really giving your client retention strategy the love and attention it deserves?
We’ve put together some game-changing customer service quotes from our favourite B2B gurus (and other unlikely sources too!) to inspire a first class retention strategy.
1. Bob Hooey,
– “If you’re not taking care of your customer, your competitor will.”
2. Matthew Stein,
Customer Support Team Manager
– “Knowledge is power. Teaching our customers how to solve their own problem empowers them, and gives them a sense of control.”
3. Maya Angelou,
– “ People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
4. Seth Godin, Linchpin Author &
– “Our job is to connect to people, to interact with them in a way that leaves them better than we found them, more able to get where they’d like to go. Every time we waste that opportunity, every page or sentence that doesn’t do enough to advance the cause is waste.”
5. Coco Chanel, Designer
– “ In order to be irreplaceable one must always be different”
6. Shep Hyken,
– “Customer service opportunities are everywhere, if you just pay attention. Observation is the key. Look, listen, and you will notice opportunities to create customer amazement.”
7. Jeff Bezos,
– “If you make customers unhappy in the physical world, they might each tell 6 friends. If you make customers unhappy on the Internet, they can each tell 6,000 friends”
8. Walt Disney, Mouse Creator Extraordinaire
– “Do what you do so well that they will want to see it again and bring their friends.”
9. David Meerman Scott
Marketing & Sales
– “We all want to do business with other humans. We want to know there’s a living, breathing person behind the communications. And we want reassurance that those humans on the other side understand and want to help us.”
10. Becky Fromm,
– “The voice of the customer has never been louder. Thanks to social media and the changing dynamics of communication, every one of your customers now has the power to bring you more business—or drive it away.”
Which of these quotes inspired you the most? Tweet us
What we say – having passion for your product and sharing that passion with your customer is key to
creating amazing customer service
– and improving retention too.
This article was first published on the Lead Forensics blog. Read the original article