Context and Role Description:
B2B Marketing has successfully evolved from a print publisher into a community intelligence business. Community Intelligence means providing B2B Marketers with access to expert advice and education, peer to peer learning and market intelligence via in person/online events and digital community throughout the year.
Our member community Propolis sits at the heart of our strategy with our in-person conferences, awards, training and bespoke marketing services providing key moments when we bring the B2B Marketing industry together throughout the year. We operate in EMEA and the US.
B2B Marketing are looking for an experienced events manger to join the events team. Working in collaboration with management teams teams across the business. The Senior events manager will be the voice of events. Managing the budget and leading the delivery of a portfolio of 6 events across the year. They will also manage all personnel within the events team, including their development and task allocation.
Financials and supplier management:
- Manage all supplier contracts, negotiations and relationships (for event delivery).
- Managing the annual events budget, and assist with its development/creation.
- Collaborating with the finance director and other departmental heads to align sales targets.
- Collaborating with the finance director on post-event commercial reviews (where necessary).
Event delivery and operations:
- Oversee end to end logistics and operations for all conferences, awards programmes and smaller events.
- Managing and adhering to the events plan(s) as closely as possible, and collaborating with other teams to ensure maximum awareness and alignment.
- Working with the Senior events producer to oversee speaker budget and assist with speaker liaison and briefing prior to confirmation of speaking details, travel requirements and management on the day.
- Post event analysis and delegate feedback – managing feedback processes, summarising these for wider consumption, and (where relevant) proposing improvements.
- Incremental improvements in operational practices, processes and delivery.
- Managing the events team, plus development and recruitment where necessary.
- Managing/briefing AV services, determining needs for all events.
- Managing/briefing signage services and working with our in-house designer to produce artwork for all events.
- Collaborating with the operations to maintain and augment a tech stack to meet our operational needs.
- Manage the entry and judging processes and platforms for award programmes.
- Responsible for delegate management before, during and after each event.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Event management experience.
- Experience in working with customers to understand pain points, Jobs to be done and translating these into product strategy.
- Experience in managing internal teams as well as third party stakeholders to ensure high performance and consistently quality output.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to address issues with tact and diplomacy with internal and external stakeholders.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic which demonstrates an appreciation for punctuality, reliability, and a desire to achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with change.
- Team-player who contributes to success of the immediate team and B2B Marketing as a whole.
- 10% discretionary performance bonus.
- Company pension scheme.
- 22 days holiday bank holiday. Increasing each year (max 2 days).
- Additional 3 days (paid) Christmas shutdown.
- Flexible working – three office days, two days remote.
- Company charity days
Regular company socials.